How to reserve a book online
- You can reserve books online only if ALL copies or all those copies with the same loan period are on loan in a particular library site.
- You can request standard and one week loans, but NOT overnight or reference copies.
- If a book is on loan to somebody else, a due date is shown on the eUCLid catalogue and a Request link is displayed. You are limited to three reservations at any one time.
To place the request via eUCLId:
1) From the eUCLid catalogue record select a copy of the book from the library site and with the loan period you want
2) Click on the Request link on the left-hand side of the screen
3) You will be prompted to enter the following
- Barcode (= the number on the back of your library/UCL ID card)
- PIN code = the four figure/letter code unique to you (ask at the library issue desk if you don't know yours)
- Click Go
5) To cancel a request
- To cancel a reservation, select Reservations to display your reequests.
- Click on the blue number next to the book title
- Click on the Delete Reservation button
When you have finished looking at your record, click Reset (at the top of the screen).